Scandic Spectrum is now open, a lively new hotel in the capital of
Located on the waterfront in central
– As the name implies, Scandic Spectrum offers a wide variety of experiences. Our vision is to be a dynamic and welcoming hotel both inside and out. I’m extremely proud today to be opening this fantastic hotel with my 130-strong team. We can’t wait to welcome guests and locals to stay or just hang out with us and perhaps spend the day in our spa, sip a craft cocktail on the rooftop terrace or meet friends for a social dining experience, says Kirsten Glente Grindsted, General Manager at Scandic Spectrum.
Scandic Spectrum was designed by Dissing + Weitling, with Space Copenhagen responsible for the interiors inspired by the Nordic lifestyle and reference both nature and the historic industrial harbor nearby. This is evident in the choice of materials such as glass, concrete and steel while the natural beauty of the Nordics is present in the use of stone, wood and a muted palette and not least on the rooftop terrace and in two lush courtyards on the ground floor.
Scandic Spectrum aims to offer a new type of hotel experience where guests can enjoy a good night’s sleep as well as a variety of exciting experiences. For this reason, shared spaces such as the wellness area and event spaces are also open to the public. Additionally, Scandic Spectrum will host a number of events, including social dining, concerts and quiz nights open to guest and Copenhageners alike.
– As the largest hotel operator in the Nordics and based on many years’ experience running hotels, we see great potential in this new and different hotel. The hotel offers a wide range of experiences whether you’re on a weekend getaway in
Scandic Spectrum also offers a large wellness area inspired by the Nordic forests, fjords and mountains. Here, guests can enjoy the 25-meter pool, steam room, a Rasul thermal mud experience and a variety of spa treatments featuring natural and sustainable products.
The hotel also has nine conference rooms on the top floor, several of which have access to the rooftop terrace, and four event spaces that can accommodate more than 300 people.
Sustainability is an integral part of Scandic Spectrum’s DNA and the hotel is certified according to the Nordic Swan Ecolabel’s tough new requirements that include a special focus on climate impact. In practice, this means that Scandic Spectrum will focus on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions, increase the use of ecolabeled cleaning products and serve more environmentally friendly food while reducing food waste. Sustainability also plays an important role at the hotel’s two restaurants, Ansvar and Nordbo, both of which focus on high quality organic ingredients from local suppliers.
– Sustainability has played an important role at Scandic since the start and as the largest hotel company in the Nordics, we also have a responsibility to constantly develop and set a good example for the entire industry. I’m proud that sustainability is integrated in all aspects of Scandic Spectrum, especially at our unique restaurants that demonstrate how we can be a part of the solution without compromising on quality, says Søren Faerber.
On the top floor at the Ansvar –
The other more relaxed and informal restaurant, Nordbo, which is located on the ground floor, is inspired by a Nordic lifestyle and focuses on “hygge”, warmth and fire. Nordbo serves seafood, pizza and pasta made from predominately local ingredients as well as its own charcuterie.
Following the opening of Scandic Spectrum, Scandic now operates 14 hotels in
Facts about Scandic Spectrum:
- 6 floors, rooftop terrace
- Hotel space: 42,000 m2 including large parking area
- Rooms: 632
- Accessible rooms: 40
- Conference rooms: 9
- Seating in Nordbo restaurant & bar: 150
- Seating in lobby bar: 80
- Seating in Ansvar restaurant: 120
- Seating in Ansvar bar: 60
- Wellness area
- Coffee shop
- Event spaces
- Architect, building: Dissing+Weitling Arkitektfirma A/S
- Architect, interior: Space Copenhagen
- Property owner:
Havfonn ASand Hathon Holding AS
- Construction year: 2019-2022
- Environmental certification: Nordic Swan Ecolabel
For more information, please contact:
Phone: +46 721 709 297
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com
(c) 2022 Cision. All rights reserved., source